We are looking for someone with a proven track record of delivering high quality websites to join our team based at our Waterlooville office. With the business growing rapidly the office is a highly dynamic environment where working as a team is necessary.
Working on a wide range of projects, from startups to multi-million pound brands, you will need to have the ability to be adaptive and work well under pressure.
We’re looking for:
A high level of technical expertise and attention to detail.
An enthusiastic self-starter, bringing your experience to be an integral part of our growing team, with the following skills range:
Candidates must have 3+ years commercial experience in the following areas and be able to demonstrate their use.
The essential skills and experience you’ll need for this Front End Web Developer role are;
- Good knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap.
- Solid UI development skills including responsive design.
- Understand web standards and building for accessibility.
- Comfortable with JSON / XML / AJAX.
- Exposure to source control tools such as Git, SVN or equivalent.
- Experience of building in worpdress and magento from ground up
- A strong desire to learn and experiment with new technologies and keep current with front end development trends.
We are seeking an independent and mature web developer with strong skills and experience in creating new websites and applications. Working as part of the dev team you will be responsible for the production of client websites.
As a web developer you will be responsible for building new marketing and ecommerce websites alongside bespoke applications. You will be able to build websites from PSD to HTML and ensure that the results meet quality standards for usability and accessibility.
Key skills required:
- Server-side skills
- Strong knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Understanding of object orientated PHP programming
- Experience with web services and API’s (e.g. payment gateways)
- Experience of development within a Linux (Debian/Ubuntu) environment
- Understanding and experience of code versioning tools (e.g. Git)
- Client-side skills
- Strong understanding of the variety of devices and platforms available
- Knowledge and experience of CSS frameworks
- Understanding of building responsive and/or fluid designs and optimising content and layout for speed and search engine optimisation
*Our clients expect the highest quality results, so you must demonstrate attention to detail at all times. We expect the highest quality results and expect you to quality control and test your work across a range of devices and browsers.
In addition to the skills above, any prior experience in, or keen interest to learn, will be desirable in a chosen candidate:
- Other code libraries and platforms (e.g. React, Angular, Laravel)
- Knowledge of other CMS or Ecommerce systems (e.g. Magento, Drupal, Joomla, Umbraco, WordPress)
- Animation, Photography or Filmography
- Search engine optimisation and Search engine marketing experience
– 20 days paid holiday plus;
– ‘Duvet Days’ (1 day per month holiday in addition to 20 day allowance)
– Birthday off each year
– Dedicated training time / training resource and certification
– Great, relaxed working environment
– Competitive salary
– Company pension scheme
– Staff days out
Salary Range up to 30k.