Who are Woo & Blue
Woo and Blue are a high-end children’s toy retailer boutique based in the UK with a thirst for fun, selling high quality children’s toys & gifts. Woo & Blue look to offer their customers beautiful and unique toys to last a lifetime. Specialising mainly in unusual and traditional toys for boys and girls alike.
What was Required
With a clear vision Woo & Blue approached boxChilli upon reputation, with three main requirements for their new website:
- Design and develop a user interactive ‘toy buying e-store’ allowing online customers to buy toys online
- Design a platform that would allow users to browse for specific products by category or a subcategory using filters to search for products by various
- custom birthday reminder functionality
What we did
We worked closely with Woo & Blue to ensure that both objectives were met to the highest standard whilst ensuring the new website reflected the high-end feel of the boutique.
- Create a bespoke custom ecommerce design
- Developed the E-Commerce platform on an Magento interface
- Integrated a secure payment gateway function
- Integrated MailChimp for Newsletter subscription
- Integrated a system for stock & order management on the online store
- Designed a rotating main banner and clickable sub banners on main page
- Integrated social media icons for online visitors to share items on their individual platforms
- Integrated a function allowing users to review products
- Set up a Google Analytics function measuring web analytics and trends
In addition to the above we developed a special custom function for them, a birthday reminder tool for their end users. The end user can add in multiple birthdays, ie for god children, nephews etc, and the site will automatically send an email reminder two weeks before with a selection of products.
Other areas on the site we concentrated on were the ease of use for ordering, and on checkout a single page checkout, which in our experience always generates more orders than a stepped process.
In addition to the consultancy, and the website development, we also provide Woo & Blue with ecommerce hosting and support.
The boxChilli verdict
It was an absolute pleasure working with Woo & Blue on the redesign and development of their new website. We wanted to ensure that the new website showcased each toy piece in all it’s glory and sparkle — the ultimate virtual window-shopping experience!